With a long history of supporting our local communities, LJ Hooker takes pride in the many ways we give back - whether it's across the street or across the world.
Charitable activities - in 2016 we launched the LJ Hooker Foundation to further progress our philanthropic activities.
Community involvement - looking after our local neighbourhood areas, whether we're staffing a local Australia Day BBQ, raising awareness for groups who work towards improving local amenities or working with the local community in times of needs such as bushfires and floods.
Our history of helping others
As a group and as individuals, LJ Hooker has a proud past of helping others. Individual offices raise funds on a local level for a variety of causes including local schools and amenities, research into medical cures or the provision of goods and services for those most in need.
We lend LJ Hooker marquees to community and charity groups, rally around local events, and donate our time and efforts to numerous neighbourhood causes.
As a group, our contributions have made a real difference to many, including:
- Over $5 million raised for the Cystic Fibrosis Research Fund over a 18-year "Partnership in Caring"
- Over $1 million raised as part of the Tsunami Appeal, which directly funded part of the rebuilding efforts in Aceh, Indonesia.
- Over $1 million raised for SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) research through Red Nose Day activities.
As an office, we have:
- Climbed Mount Warning annually for 10 years to raise money for CF Australia
- Taken "Great Strides" to raise money for CF Queensland for the past 11 years
In addition, we also...
- Are major sponsors of Nerang Soccer Club since 2006
- Annually sponsor Emmanual College Fete
- Co-ordinated the first ever LJ Hooker Olympics for CF
- Held a farmer themed Christmas Party in 2018 to fundraise money for Buy A Bale
- Annually attend the Division 5 Family Funanza at Paradise Country Parklands with a bike giveaway each year
- Support Rosies Friends On The Streets year in and year out last year raising over $30,000 at the LJ Hooker Stakes Day
- Participate in the yearly Rose Cup Charity Golf Day for CF
- Donate countless hampers to local businesses, community groups, sports clubs, etc
- Held community Easter Egg Hunts to fundraise for CF Queensland
- Support our local PCYC
- Have regular community giveaways and social media competitions
- Have collected personal and sanitary items for Share The Dignity since 2018
- Attend yearly Pink Ribbon Luncheons in support of the National Breast Cancer Foundation
LJ Hooker Nerang was recognised for its contribution to Australia’s cystic fibrosis community at a grand ceremony at the home of the Governor-General, proudly accepting the Cystic Fibrosis Australia’s Corporate Partner Award
Our principal Shane Colquhoun accepted a position on the board of CF Queensland, showing our ongoing commitment to the charity